REPAIR OF WATER PUMP FOR MERCRUISER BRAVO
OLDER TYPE WITH PLASTIC BODY AND 5/8 SHAFT ONE FLAT
1) REMOVE THE TWO HOSES FOR INPUT SUCTION HOSE AND OUTPUT HOSE
2) BE SURE to notice which is in and out
3) On the older pumps with trunion mount, remove the pulley then loosen the bolt on the trunion and slide the pump out of the rear.
5) Newer pumps are bolted to a bracket, Remove the pump and bracket and repair on the bench.
6) Remove the case bolts and dissamble the body of the pump
kit # im3909H to repair.
7) Change the s.s. plate.
8) Replace the impeller which id flat keyed to the shaft.
9) With the body and the impeller lubricated spin the impeller into the plastic case.
10 Replace the pump and bracket to the engine
11) Replace the hose on the input transom side of the pump.
12) With a flushette in place run the engine for a few seconds, if the right hose was connected to the right fitting, the pump should gush a large amount of water into the bilge. If so put the other hose on. If no water came from the pump reverse the hoses.
13) Check the engine with the flushette.