REPAIR OF BELL HOUSING BUSHING AND SEALS.
1) Remove out drive (separate instructions)
2) Hit the shift arm with a chisel right above the screw at a 45% angle arm will 3) break in two, remove screw and washer and pull shaft down & out.
3) A special tool can be made of an old ram pin with threads sanded off
4) A 1/4 " socket inverted on an extension bar works also
5) Drive lower bushing upward with punch
5) Working through the lower hole drive the upper bushing and seal up & out.
INSTALL OF NEW BUSHINGS
6) Place a tool through the lower hole with a large washer on top to protect the seal and drive the upper seal and bushing set up & in. (USE LOC TITE)
6) Drive lower bushing, taper up into place level with bottom of bell housing
7) Lubricate well in both bushings and between seal lips
8) Reinstall shaft, washer on top, and new arm and screw.
9) Place new mounting gasket and 'o' rings on bell
10 Replace drive unit.