HELP REPAIR DOWNLOAD
EST DELCO DISTRIBUTER MERCRUISER
COMPLETE DISTRIBUTOR SET
INSTALLATION OR IGNITION TIMING
TO START: SPIN MOTOR WITH FINGER ON SPARK PLUG HOLE #1
WHICH DETECTS COMPRESSION ON #1, JUST AFTER THE COMPRESSION CHECK, THE ENGINE WILL BE CLOSE TO TOP DEAD CENTER.
THE ROTOR IS POSITIONED AIMED AT #1 WIRE POSITION.
1) Place distributor with rotor aimed toward front of left of center or wherever you wish number position of #1 wire.
2)Place ignition wires in to correct timing rotation and connect to plugs.
3) Install jumper harness from the left side of coil to the left of distributor.
4) Connect the plug WITH LOOSE WIRES in other opening in the coil.
HEAVY WIRE connects to ign on/off LIGHT WIRE connects to tack.
5) WITHOUT THE the white and black in the other hole in the other opening in the distributor START THE MOTOR,
6) MOVE THE DISTRIBUTOR TO GET ENGINE WARM AT IDLE AND OBTAIN SMOOTH IDLE. THEN SET TIMING.
7)CONNECT THE BLACK ENGINE INTERRUPTING WIRE AND WHITE JUMPER. THE TWO WHITE WIRES BE CONNECTED OR LOPED. THE BLACK WIRE SHOULD BE ATTACHED TO A 12V SOURCE.
8) WITH THESE CHANGES SHOULD READ APPX. 8 DEG B.T.D.C.
9) Remove the jumper and should have timing of 12 deg b.t.d.c.
at 2400 to 2800 r.p.m.s. the total advance is 27 deg within 2 deg.
10) The easy switch on point ignition sets, uses a ground wire to kill the ignition.
The switch connects the grounded wire to the negative coil to kill the system.
The Delco E.S.T. requires a + wire to kill the spark therefore the input grounded wire for the switch must be removed from the grounded plastic terminal block and butt connect it to a 12 volt + feed to make it work. To test the switch operation, with motor running push the metal part that trips the switch to either side and the engine should kill, where the roller passes 1/8 inch from the valley which the roller sits.
11) Be sure to reattach the black easy shift wire after the timing setting operation is completed
or the boat will find the shifting in the water from gear will be difficult.
COMPONENTS AND DIAGRAM
(800) 349-2628 ... (504) 888-2798 ... Fax (504) 888-2881
E-Mail to: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
AfterMarket Home Page || Louisiana Fishing
AfterMarket Home Page: http//www.rodnreel.com/dmarine